Our Story

Formerly known as the SAF Non-Commissioned Officers (NCO) Club, The SAF Warrant Officers And Specialists Club's history stretches back to the post-war era.

In 1951, the British Armed Services set up the Britannia Club as a recreational place for their servicemen and the allied troops. The club soon became a popular social gathering venue as it provided opportunities for soldiers from diverse backgrounds and nationalities to interact and share experiences.

In 1971, the club was handed back to the Singapore government, which was subsequently handed over to the SAF, and in 1974, the SAF NCO Club was formed. The club housed many prominent features, such as the SAF Enterprise (SAFE) Superstore, which offered affordable merchandise and payment schemes for the NCOs. Over the years, the club became increasingly family-oriented and it constantly strived to create opportunities for members to bond and enjoy leisure activities.

With the restructuring of the NCO Corps in 1994, the club was renamed the SAF Warrant Officers & Specialists Club. Due to the expansion of the membership base and the allocation of land for redevelopment, the club was relocated to Jurong East and was officially opened on 8 February 2002; with the new identity known as THE CHEVRONS.

Click on the images below for photographs of the old clubhouse at Beach Road!