Formerly known as the SAF Non-Commissioned Officers (NCO) Club, The SAF Warrant Officers And Specialists Club's heritage stretches back to the post-war era.
In 1951, the British Armed Services set up the Britannia Club as a recreational place for their members and the allied troops. The club soon became a popular social gathering venue as it provided opportunities for soldiers from diverse backgrounds and nationalities to interact and share experiences.
In 1971, the club was handed back to the Singapore government, and the NCO Club was formed in 1974. The SAF Enterprise (SAFE) Superstore was housed in the club offering affordable merchandise and payment schemes for the NCOs. Over the years, the club has acquired a stronger family orientation and the bonds among members has strengthened.
With the restructuring of the NCO Corp in 1994, the club was renamed The SAF Warrant Officers And Specialists Club. Due to the expansion of the membership base and the allocation of land for redevelopment, the club was relocated to Jurong East and was officially opened on 8 February 2002; with the new identity known as THE CHEVRONS.